In the Philippine professional basketball league, known as the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA), there are three conferences – or tournaments – that make up a single season. These are the Philippine Cup, Commissioner’s Cup, and Governors’ Cup. The Philippine Cup is unique to the other two in that it’s the only leg of the PBA season from which foreign players are barred. Locals only!
The PBA is smaller in comparison to many other international leagues, but it still garners a huge amount of local attention thanks to the interest in basketball in the islands. Similarly, PBA betting is one of the biggest sports wagering markets in the nation. This page focuses on the Philippine Cup conference of the traditional PBA season. The Philippine Cup is contested first, typically starting in the early part of the year. Here, you will find information on the 2022 Philippine Cup teams, how last season played out, the best websites for safe and legal basketball betting online, and more.
Is It Legal To Bet On The Philippine Cup Online?
Yes! All PBA basketball betting is legal in the Philippines if wagers are placed through licensed and regulated offshore gambling operators. Philippine gambling laws permit gambling and sports betting domestically, but not online and not on any Philippine sports or teams. Therefore, the only safe way to legally wager on PBA action is to use an offshore book like those recommended here.
All of the online sportsbooks listed in this guide have been vetted by our team of online basketball betting analysts. You can rest assured that the sites listed here operate legally per the mandates of the Philippine government and are licensed and regulated in their own home nations. In addition to Philippine Cup betting, at online sportsbooks, you can also bet on Philippine College basketball and professional and amateur sports from all around the world.
Best Online Sportsbooks With Philippine Cup Odds 2022
|Site Name||Current Bonus||Payout Speed||Age||PH||Play Now|
|50% Max $1,000||24-48 Hours||18+||Play Now
|50% Max $1,000||24-48 Hours||21+||Play now
|50% Max $1,000||24-48 Hours||18+||Play now
|100% Max $500||24-48 Hours||21+||Play now
2022 Philippine Cup Teams
The teams competing for the 2022 Philippine Cup are as follows, with defending champion TNT Tropang Giga being the early favorite to repeat:
- Barangay Ginebra San Miguel – Ginebra San Miguel, Inc.
- Blackwater Bossing – Ever Bilena Cosmetics, Inc.
- Converge FiberXers – Converge ICT (Alaska Aces prior to 2022)
- Magnolia Hotshots – San Miguel Pure Foods Company, Inc.
- Meralco Bolts – Manila Electric Company
- NLEX Road Warriors – Metro Pacific Investments Corp.
- NorthPort Batang Pier – Sultan 900 Capital, Inc.
- Phoenix Super LPG Fuel Masters – Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Inc.
- Rain or Shine Elasto Painters – Asian Coatings Philippines, Inc.
- San Miguel Beermen – San Miguel Brewery, Inc.
- Terrafirma Dyip – Terrafirma Realty Development Corp.
- TNT Tropang Giga– Smart Communications
2022 Philippine Cup Odds
Philippine Cup Odds – 08/10
- Point Spread: Meralco Bolts +7.0, San Miguel Beermen -7.0
- Moneyline: Meralco Bolts +230, San Miguel Beermen -330
- Total Points: 195.0
Philippine Cup Odds – 08/10
- Point Spread: TNT Tropang Giga -2.5, Magnolia Hotshots +2.5
- Moneyline: TNT Tropang Giga -155, Magnolia Hotshots
- Total Points: 186.5
2022 Philippine Cup Season Format
The Philippine Cup season functions a little differently than what is seen in other leagues like the NBA. Instead of a long 82-game regular season before a months-long playoff, the Philippine Cup is shorter, leaving teams with little time to make an impact to secure their place in the postseason. Every single game is extremely important!
The Philippine Cup conference features 11 games per team, and each team is seeded based on its record. The top eight teams advance to the quarterfinals.
The Philippine Cup quarterfinals are split up into four series, where the #1 and #2 seeded teams have a twice-to-beat advantage over the #8 and #7 seeded teams, respectively. The other two series are played in a best-of-3 format. The semifinals are best-of 7, as are the finals.
2021 Philippine Cup Results
As in 2020, the 2021 PBA Philippine Cup was paused several times due to the coronavirus, but it finally concluded on October 29 when TNT Tropang Giga beat the Magnolia Hotshots four games to one. Calvin Abuela of the Hotshots won the Philippine Cup Best Player award, and Tropang Giga player Mikey Williams took home the 2021 Philippine Cup Finals MVP.
The 2021 PBA Philippine Cup “regular season” records for each team were as follows:
- TNT Tropang Giga: 10-1
- Meralco Bolts: 9-2
- Magnolia Hotshots: 8-3
- San Miguel Beermen: 7-4
- NorthPort Batang Pier: 6-5
- Rain or Shine Elasto Painters: 6-5
- NLEX Road Warriors: 5-6
- Barangay Ginebra San Miguel: 4-7
- Phoenix Super LPG Fuel Masters: 4-7
- Terrafirma Dyip: 4-7
- Alaska Aces: 3-8
- Blackwater Bossing: 0-11
Team Stat Leaders For The 2021 Philippine Cup
The following teams excelled in certain categories throughout the season. It may not do much now, but it does give bettors something to watch out for in upcoming conferences. The team stat leaders for the 2021 Philippine Cup were:
- Points Per Game – San Miguel Beermen (96.8)
- Rebounds Per Game – NorthPort Batang Pier (49.1)
- Assists Per Game – Phoenix Super LPG Fuel Masters (19.9)
- Steals Per Game – TNT Tropang Giga (8.7)
- Blocks Per Game – NorthPort Batang Pier (5.3)
- Turnovers Per Game – Meralco Bolts (17.2)
- Fouls Per Game – Magnolia Hotshots (25.3)
- Field Goal Percentage – San Miguel Beermen (44.0%)
- Free Throw Percentage – NLEX Road Warriors (73.9%)
- 3-Point Field Goal Percentage – Alaska Aces (33.0%)
PBA Philippine Cup Betting FAQs
When Does The New Philippine Cup Begin?
The 47th season of the PBA started with the 44th PBA Philippine Cup, which – after lengthy 2021 COVID-19 delays – officially began on June 5 , 2022.
Most offshore betting sites have 2022 Philippine Cup odds posted before every game, along with props and live betting lines. You’ll also be able to find Philippine Cup futures bets once the elimination round is concluded.
In addition, the best sportsbooks in the Philippines also offer PBA Commissioner’s Cup odds and PBA Governors’ Cup odds during their portions of the PBA season.
The 2022 Philippine Cup schedule is still largely tentative, but the conference hasn’t seen any delays since tipping off on June 5.
What Types Of Wagers Can I Place On The PBA Philippine Cup?
You can bet on the Philippine Cup point spread, place straight moneyline bets, wager on totals (aka over/unders), place props and futures, bet on alternative spreads, and more. Philippine Mobile sports betting and live wagering are also available at all reputable offshore Philippine sports betting sites.
How Do I Bet On The Philippine Cup From My Smartphone?
You can use your smartphone’s browser to access mobile-optimized versions of our recommended sportsbooks. Just visit your book from your mobile device, and you’ll find all the same betting lines, wagering types, and PBA props that you would via the desktop experience. Responsive design technology helps to keep these sportsbooks’ physical and functional elements in place regardless of the screen size you use.